How to Recruit and Train Extraordinary Guides - 11 Shortcuts to Success
About This Recording
In this free Live Session Recording, award-winning tour guide and guide training expert Kelsey Tonner offers practical tips on recruiting and training guides, so that your tour and activity business will be able to create extraordinary experiences for travelers and to improve customer satisfaction.
You will discover these key steps to effectively recruiting tour guides for your company:
- How to write the perfect job description
- Why you should create an 'Ideal Staff Avatar' and how it will help you recruit your dream employees
- Effectively using referral bonuses: Do’s and Don'ts
- 7 foolproof ideas for where to post your job advertisement
Just as importantly, you will also gain expert insights on how to train the guides on your team:
- The most important thing you need to teach new guides
- 5 common mistakes companies make when mentoring new staff
- The most important characteristic of a world-class training program
Kelsey Tonner is an experienced, global tour guide and founder of the Be a Better Guide Project, a movement that brings together tour guides and tour operators from around the world to learn from one another. His mission is to help anyone, anywhere, create extraordinary experiences for travellers.
With over ten years experience in the industry he has led trips in over fifteen different countries from Europe to the Americas and from Asia to North Africa. He has been a wilderness trip leader, a dog-sledding guide, a volunteer coordinator in an Inuit community and spent four years leading hiking, biking and multi-sport trips with Backroads Canada. He has visited over sixty countries and set foot on all seven continents.
In 2015 Kelsey was chosen from thousands as one of eight shortlisted guides for the Wanderlust World Guide Awards. With practical yet wisecracking advice, Kelsey inspires a global community of professional tour leaders and businesses to give people memories of a lifetime, and helps them earn more money while doing it.